Guide To Frugal Living
In today's economy, money is more important than ever and this guide to frugal living will help you by showing you not only how to save money but maybe even make a little extra cash as well.
There's so many ways to save money...and I'm not just talking about using coupons and searching the sale papers. Throughout this guide to frugal living, you will find all kinds of ways you can save money.
Did you know:
*If you do an average of one load of laundry per day, the hot wash cycle costs you roughly $100 per year in energy as opposed to using a cold wash cycle which will cost you about $10 per year.
*You can turn off the "heated dry" on your dishwasher and save about 80% of the energy use.
*Save money on your mortgage. For every $10,000 of your mortgage loan, 1/2 % difference in the interest rate saves you over $40/year or $3.40/month in interest.
*You can save $20 to $40 a year just by lowering the temperature on your hot water heater to between 110 and 120 degrees.
*Swapping traditional light bulbs for CFLs and you’ll save $30 over the lifetime of a bulb.
*Need money for college? There are thousands of weird scholarships available to anyone who can qualify. Often times, there is no competition for this free money, as many weird scholarships are unknown. Most people either don’t know such scholarships exist or they never think to search of them.
*You can save as much as 30% on your car insurance just by raising your deductible for $500 to $1000.
*If you're considering switching insurers, start looking for a new policy well before your current policy comes up for renewal. Many insurers provide an "early shopping" discount of up to 12% because they view people who look for a new policy ahead of time "as being a responsible consumer.
So, check out this guide to frugal living to find lots of ways to save and maybe even make some extra money.
- Frugal Living Blog
- In this economy, you need to save every penny you can. I've got some great ideas that will help you do just that!
- Free Budget Calculator
- Use this free budget calculator to help you see where youcould be saving money!
- Save Money on Groceries
- Is your grocery bill out of control? Here are a few simple steps to help you save money on groceries.
- Frugal Recipes
- Looking for some great frugal recipes that don’t taste like you’re being cheap? Just because you’re being frugal doesn’t mean that your meals have to be flavorless.
- Budget Cooking For A Crowd
- Budget cooking for a crowd can be challenging. Not only is it time consuming but it can be expensive…notice I said can be expensive. I didn’t say it has to be.
- OAMC - Once A Month Cooking
- OAMC, Once a Month Cooking…have you heard of it? Nowadays, money and time are both in short supply so more and more people are turning to ...
- Reduce Debt
- You have to start somewhere and you might be surprised how just taking these small steps can go a long way in helping you to reduce debt.
- Strategies To Save Money On Utility Bills
- Looking for some great strategies to save money on utility bills? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, consumers spend 6 to 12% of their income on utilities so cutting back on your expenses...
- Budget Insurance - How to Save on Insurance
- Want to learn how to budget insurance costs? There are several ways that you can lower your car, home owners, health or life insurance. Some of the obvious ways are to...
- Watch Movies Free!
- Thats right, watch movies free anytime you want! Heres how you can LEGALLY rent DVDs any day of the week.
- Cheap Birthday Ideas and Birthday Freebies!
- Want to have a wonderful birthday but don’t want to spend a boatload of cash? Here are some cheap birthday ideas that will be a lot of fun and won’t break the bank.
- Cheap Homemade Gift Ideas
- Looking for cheap homemade gift ideas? Here are some great ideas that anyone would be happy to receive.
- Ways to Make Extra Cash
- One of the best ways to stretch your cash is to make extra cash. Here are a few ways for you to do just that....
- Contact Us
- You can contact us with any suggestions or concerns here.
- Site Policies
- site policies and disclaimer
- Advertising Policy
- Advertising policies fo rthis site
- Saucy Chicken with Herbs for the Freezer
- This saucy chicken recipe is an easy freezer recipe that you can put together in a matter of minutes, freeze it, then thaw and bake when ready.
- Contribute to Frugal Living
- Would you like to share your knowledge about frugal living? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.